We will pick you up from your hotel at 7:20am and take you to the train station in Poroy, your train leaves at 8:25am and takes around 4 hours train ride to Aguas Calientes. When you arrive at Aguas Calientes you will be met by a representative of Hotel and they will take you to your hotel. The day is yours!
Things to do:
- Visit the Machu Picchu ‘Manuel Chávez Ballón’ museum and orchid exhibition ($6 or 22 soles). This is open from 9:00am to 4.00pm and is a 35 minute walk down the road to Puente Ruinas. It is a very illustrative museum that gives an interesting introduction to Machu Picchu. (It’s worth it!)
- You could go to the thermal baths – these cost S/20 soles. There are lockers that you can use to store your belongings (2 soles).
At 7:00pm, your Guide will come to your hotel to give you a short talk on what to expect the next day.
You will have breakfast and then your Guide will pick you up from your hotel (6:00am). You will take the bus up to majestic Machu Picchu where you will have a private guided tour of approximately 2 hours and half.
Things to do:
- You can climb Huayna Picchu (the mountain behind Machupicchu). This takes approximately 45 minutes to reach the highest point of the mountain to see the impressive Machupicchu (Not included in the price).
Please leave enough time to catch your train. It is a 30-minute bus ride from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes and buses leave when they are full. It is also necessary to be at the train station in good time (30 minutes before).
Your train leaves at 3:20pm from Aguas Calientes and you will arrive in Poroy train station at approximately 7:05pm. We will pick you up from the station and take you back to your hotel.
- Collection from hotel
- Return train transportation
- One day entrance fee to the Machu Picchu Sanctuary
- Bus (up to Machu Picchu site and down to Aguas Calientes town)
- English-speaking Tour Guide
- 1 night hostel accommodation (hot shower, private bathroom and breakfast included)
- Collection from train station
- Entrance fee to Huayna Picchu Mountain
- Dinner and Lunch
What you need to take:
- Original passport and Student card (if applicable)
- Sun protection cream
- Sun hat
- Insect repellent
- Camera and films
- Bathing suit (in case you want to go to the thermal springs)
*N.B. Depending on train availability/season/weather, trains could run from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes town and vice versa. In this situation, we will organize transportation to and from Ollantaytambo by bus.