DAY 1: Arrival to Lima
Lima - We pick you up from the airport and take you to your hostal. The rest of the day is yours.
DAY 2: Lima – Flight to Arequipa
Lima - Arequipa - 1 hour flight to Arequipa. Afternoon free. Popular options are a visit to the Cathedral or the 17th century Santa Catalina Monastery or the Ice Maiden Tomb.
DAY 3: Arequipa – Colca Cañon
Arequipa - Colca Canyon - at 08:00am, we leave Arequipa and go by bus to Chivay (5 hours). During the journey we will see the source of the mighty Amazon River and a chain of active volcanoes. At Chivay, we will visit the medicinal hot springs and stay the night.
DAY 4: Colca Cañon
Colca Canyon - Arequipa - We will visit one of the deepest parts of the Colca canyon and hopefully see the condor gliding over our heads.
DAY 5: Free day in Arequipa
Arequipa - Free day in the "White City". One option is to do 'Tour Campiña' - a visit to Arequipa's beautiful countryside.
DAY 6: Arequipa bus to Puno
Arequipa - Puno - Comfortable bus journey (5 hours) to the city of Puno.
DAY 7: Puno – Titicaca Lake
Puno - Islands - We will take a boat to the amazing floating islands of Uros where we will enjoy with the magnificent scenery and stay the night with a native family on Amantani Island.
DAY 8: Titicaca Lake
Islands - Puno - We will visit the lovely island of Taquile and arrive back in Puno at approximately 17:00pm.
DAY 9: Puno bus to Cusco
Puno - Cusco - A 9-hour bus ride will take us to the Arqueological Capital of the Incas. On the way we will make 6 stops in order to view the fascinating mountain range of the Andes, Pre-Inca and Inca archeological sites.
DAY 10: Cusco – City Tour
Cusco - We have a free morning to explore the city of Cusco and in the afternoon will go on the beautiful City Tour.
DAY 11: Cusco – Aguas Calientes
Cusco - Aguas Calientes - A 4-hour train ride on one of the most impressive railways in the world will take us to Aguas Calientes (town nearest Machu Picchu) where we will stay the night. We will take the bus the next morning to the Inca city of Machu Picchu.
DAY 12: Machu Picchu
Machu Picchu - after spending the morning exploring this amazing Inca site here you will have a guided tour for around 2 hours, after if you still felt energy you can climbing up to Huaynapicchu the sacred mountain, we will take the 16:00pm train back to Cusco. We will arrive at about 20:30pm.
DAY 13: Free day in Cusco
Cusco - Free day in Cusco. You can explore the city of Cusco itself, visit its museums, go on the Sacred Valley Tour (a tour of some impressive Inca towns, Andean communities and the most fertile valley in Cusco), enjoy the local food or simply shop and rest in the Main Square.
DAY 14: Cusco – Flight to Lima
Cusco - Lima - A 1 hour 45 minute flight will bring us back to Lima, to wait your international flight or continue with your trip.
Arequipa: with its beautiful Monastery and Cathedral. It is known as the "White City" and was declared a World heritage site in 1992. Also in this region is the Colca Canyon, arguably the deepest in the world!
Puno: with its Floating Uros islands.
Cusco and Machu Picchu - no explanation needed!!
- All hostal accommodation (1 home-stay on the island trip)
- Pick-ups from airports/bus stations to hotels and vice versa
- Breakfast is included in all accommodation (lunch and dinner are included only where stated)
- 2 flights: Lima - Arequipa, Cusco - Lima
- Tour of the Colca Canyon in Arequipa and Tourist Ticket in Colca
- Comfortable coach to Puno from Arequipa
- Island Trip. Includes boat transport, Guide, basic family accommodation and food
- First Class Coach to Cusco. Includes Guide, lunch and 6 stops along the way in order to see pre-Inca, Inca and Spanish sites
- City Tour and Tourist Ticket in Cusco
- Machu Picchu Trip. Includes entrance fee to Machu Picchu, return train journey, hostal (one night in Aguas Calientes), breakfast and Private Guide
What you need to take:
- Warm and waterproof jackets, gloves and hats. (Traditional gloves and hats can be bought in Puno, Arequipa and Cusco)
- Torch for the Island trip
- Insect repellent
- Sun protection cream (factor 35 recommended).